Friday, May 23, 2008

The Trip So Far

Here's some quick highlights from the trip so far.

Chicago sucks... well at least the airport. Spending eight hours on a plane seemed like a relief after being there.

The London airport is pretty classy-- and expensive. Buying enough pound to buy breakfast (7 pounds) set me back $20 bucks.

Istanbul. Amazing city. Today I learned how to use the train system (a reliable, efficient mass transit system dating back to the mid nineteenth century-- take note, American urban centers). We took the ferry across the Bosphorus to the Asian side. From the boat it was possible to catch a really good view of the Blue Mosque and the Hagia Sophia.

I also met over twenty different people today, so I am trying to keep a lot of names straight, both American and Turkish. I am living with a Turkish family so hopefully I will learn to speak some more Turkish, though at this point it is slow going.

No comments: