Thursday, October 01, 2009

Birthday Blog

Today I turned 22 years old. I worked a shift at Java Brewing Company, ate some delicious Thai food with a few friends, and studied at Quills for my exam tomorrow. A good day to be sure.

Man, life is moving pretty quickly. It's been a year since this, and two years since this.

Perhaps it was because I was in a collision with car just over six months ago, but the brevity of life has really been impressed on me as of late. Well more accurately, the fact that I live as though life isn't transient has been impressed upon me.

Take for instance this exert from Psalm 139:

... in your book were written, every one of them,
the days that were formed for me...

The Psalmist seems to be suggesting that God has already predetermined every single day of our lives. Like this Psalmist I see God as the great author who wrote me into existence; a God who has a purpose for my life that he will accomplish. For some reason this plan included me being born on September 30th, 1987.

I love that.

No comments: