Thursday, September 10, 2009

Shoes Tied Tight

Toms has released a shoe with laces. We all knew this was inevitable after seeing Blake Mycoskie on an AT&T commercial. Not everyone can be convinced to pay $50 for a slipper. It looks good, but I feel it would just serve to replace my Sperrys... and I don't want to replace my Sperrys.

It was some time ago now that my friend Peter pointed out to me that shoes were a reoccurring image in many songs by Sufjan Stevens. I have begun compiling a list of songs that reference shoes, any assistance in this project would be appreciated. So far I have:

"Happy Birthday" from A Sun Came
"Worried Shoes" (with Danielson)
"To Be Alone With You" from Seven Swans
"Vito's Ordination Song" from Michigan
"Casimir Pulaski Day" from Illinois
"That Was the Worst Christmas Ever" from Songs For Christmas

In non-shoe related news, I am starting a new job at Java Brewing Company on Monday. I am very excited to get this job and I am looking forward to being part of the team.

2 comments:

laceylou said...

curious...the sufjan shoe business. you should develop a theory.

congrats on the job.

Anonymous said...

so how does one acquire Sufjan Stevens with the Danielson Family? Sounds like something that should be shared.