Monday, September 06, 2010

Back in the 'Bul

Istanbul'dayım. Or for my non-Turkish speaking readership, I'm in Istanbul (I love how in Turkish entire sentences can be captured in one word.)

Kissing my mom goodbye was incredibly difficult, but I am very thankful for the week I had with her- especially all the stories we told and the scripture we read. It's incredibly hard to return to a telephone relationship after a week of being able to hold her hand or kiss her forehead.

As much as a blessing as it was to return to Arizona, and as much as I wish I could stay with my mom indefinitely, it is amazing how returning to Turkey feels like a return to normalcy. Over the past six months this city really has become home- that's not a switch you can turn on or off. It happens gradually and when you're not paying attention.

No comments: