Monday, September 11, 2006

Weekend Recap

The concert at Logos was a smashing success, with far more people showing up than could actually fit into the place. Everyone was AMAZING. Ben Smith and Derick Millar performed with that professional quality that made West End so popular in the ATL area. Kevin Cummings's covers of Damien Rice, Johnny Cash, and yes, even Macy Gray, were almost perfect. Not to mention, Cole's new materal with underthejunipertree was simply some of the best music I've ever heard. And by all means, Butterworth and Sieg could have been a whole lot worse. My friend, Stewart, the mechanic showed up, which was cool considering he was the only one in attendance over 50.

Sunday morning, we baptized a whole slew of people at Springdale, which always makes me rejoice.

My long time favorite football team The Arizona Cardinals won their first home game in their brand new stadium. After more than a decade of mediocrity and dissapointment, I think this may be our year.

Anyway, that's the cliff-notes version of the weekend. My condolences if you missed out.

No comments: