Tuesday, February 12, 2008

ah... the promise of a snow day tomorrow gives me the freedom to spend time blogging without feeling guilty.

Tonight i had real maple syrup on my gf pancakes for the first time ever... delicious. I'm completely sold on the real deal.... though it's hard to admit I've found something I like more than Mrs. Butterworth's.

Ingrid Michaelson performed at the 930 tonight. It was a very casual, laid back performance. I was fortunate enough to be assigned the job of guarding the backstage door, which allowed me to catch the entire performance
.
It was my first time being a bouncer and fortunately I didn't have to punch anyone in the face- though I was prepared to take out the first scarf-wearing scenester with sideways hair and a vintage peacoat to try and start something. After the show I did allow John Cabal to slip back stage so he could deliver a giant Valentine's Day card (quite literally coffee table sized) to Ingrid. Leave it to John Cabal to give a personalized Valentine's Day card to the musical artist with the #16 single on the top 40.

2 comments:

Bolo said...

Two things. One, if you're gonna be a bouncer, remember that it's better not to leave evidence if you don't have to. In other words, submission holds, not strikes. Two, only John Cabal...

michael said...

Advice noted.