Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Summer Reading List

Despite being in a city that is thousands of years old with countless things to do and explore, I have managed to spend a lot of time reading (whether it be on the train, at coffee shops, or before bed).

So far I have finished:

The Irresistible Revolution by Shane Claiborne and another book by Anglican missiologist Rolland Allen.

Currently I am working on

The Reason for God by Timothy Keller (which I am in a discussion group with friends from church about)

Prince Caspian by C.S. Lewis (in anticipation of the film's release here in Istanbul)

Spiritual Disciplines for the Christian Life by Donald S. Whitney (for class)

A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini (for fun)

In a few days I am traveling down to Izmir so I should knock out quite a bit of reading on the 12 hour bus ride.

1 comment:

Pat R said...

the makers of Prince Caspian kept to the original story better than i would have expected... i heard they were going to make it into a silly pure-action flick, but thankfully this was not the case