Saturday, January 03, 2009

Travel Log: Entry Two

Early today the eight of us got coffee at Intelligentsia, a local chain that roasts their own beans. My latte was absolutely delicious- the milk had excellent texture. I was impressed to see a rosetta in my to go cup, especially since the downtown location is in the heart of the financial district (i.e. they are serving a lot of busy professionals).

While the six non-Butterworth members of the party went to the modern art museum this afternoon, Paul and I fulfilled our childhood dream of visiting the Art Institute of Chicago. The Institute unfortunately had part of its modern gallery closed but their collection of Impressionist paintings was just returned from loan- so it kind of balances out. I definitely felt a little like Cameron in Ferris Bueller's Day Off, starring into Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte by George Seurat, getting lost in its Pointillistic beauty.

Jazz music tonight perhaps?

No comments: