Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Dilmer

I've started taking an intensive language class here and I already love it. My teacher is basically a genius because she teaches without using any English (almost) and I've already learned more Turkish in two days than I have learned from my collective ten weeks of "barefoot" language learning. I did get confused at one point in the lesson and referred to a classmate as a hospital... but thankfully she wasn't that offended.

Another fun part about taking language classes is the diverse community of students at Dilmer. Already I have met people from Scotland, England, Russia, The Netherlands, Sweden, Iran, Ukraine, Germany, and one other American (a history professor from the University of Michigan). Needless to say, a group of people taking intensive Turkish lessons are a pretty eclectic bunch.

At this rate I should be fluent by the end of the month.

No comments: