Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Kindling

I'm officially part of the e-book bandwagon now. I held out for (what felt like) a long time, but thanks to my brothers' generous Christmas gift, I'm now the proud owner of an Amazon Kindle. Obviously the disappearing of "real" books is to be mourned with the passing of vinyl records and film, but there are clearly a lot of benefits.Having a large library (easily 60% of my total possessions, now mostly boxed up in my brothers' attic) is not conducive for a nomadic lifestyle. Simply put I don't like to travel with more than I can comfortably carry, and books are heavy. I also have a propensity to get paper cuts.

My first digital read will be a classic that has been long overdue for a revisit. Points to whoever can identify it without a Google search.

No comments: