Monday, October 09, 2006

Child Care

Well, today was my first day as an official teacher for the 2 Year Old class at church, and so far no major disasters.

I was quite pleased to find my childhood favorite "There's a Monster at the End of This Book" on the bookshelve, but I was not successful in convincing any of my students to allow me to read it to them. I was, however, coerced into reading a wretched little book about Donald Duck making a peanutbutter and jelly sandwich four times. Children's literature has really taken a nosedive in recent years.

On the upside, I've been pretty impressed with the First Look curriculum. Really solid stuff. Spiritual formation, even at this young of an age, is absolutely crucial.

Pro 22:6 Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it.

No comments: