Saturday, June 30, 2007

Amiina - Kurr

Dare I say it? I will.

I think I've found my third favorite Icelandic musical group. Bold I know, but it's true.

Amiina's new cd, Kurr, just came in the mail today, much to my excitement. However, I must say I thought I was getting a good deal when I saw it was only 8 pounds with free shipping, but it turns out that 8 pounds is almost 17 dollars.

Exchange rates aside, I am currently enthralled with my purchase. Each song is a dreamy indie symphony with a Sufjan- esq variety of intrumentation, including a saw on a few songs- which is pretty darn amazing.


For fans of Six Part Seven, The Album Leaf, and, of course, Sigur Ros

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sigur Ros is sooooo good. I don't know if you have heard them, but Godspeed You Black Emperor is amazing too.