Monday, July 06, 2009

Bag Lust


Shortly after I bought this bag, I found out that Columbus, OH is home to one of the premier handmade messenger bag companies, Seagull Bags. In fact, this company is known internationally in the cycling community for just about being the best (although less popular than Chrome or Timbuktu).

So I biked up to their factory today in Clintonville, where I found a modest room filled with huge rolls of fabric and five hipsters sewing away at works in progress.  The small entry way was filled with an eclectic assortment bags and accessories, including hand-sewn cycling caps and hip pouches. After examining the product in person I was impressed at the meticulous detail and craftsmanship that went into each bag.  Right now I am trying to justify how purchasing a second messenger bag could possibly be reconciled with the life of simplicity that I have the desire to live.  So far, I can't do it. 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog, Michael. I check yours probably once or twice a week. My advice: don't buy the bag. You don't need two :)