Thursday, August 06, 2009

End of Summer Playlist

This is what has been playing on my Ipod and in the office lately.

So Insane by Discovery. When I hear this song, like Ra Ra Riot frontman Wes Miles, I can't fight-fa-fa-fight this feeling. Can't wait to step to this one at the next dance party.
Two Doves by Dirty Projectors. With lyrical and musical allusions to Dylan, Nico, and Song of Solomon, the song has a delicate complexity that spurns most pop conventions.
Young Hearts Spark Fire by Japandroids. This song somehow circumvents the last 7 years of my life to when I didn't know that punk was dead.
Everything With You - The Pains of Being Pure at Heart. This song makes me nostalgic for something that hasn't happened yet.
Let Your Love Grow Tall - Passion Pit. This track is sort of hidden in the second half of Manners and it took me a while to warm up to it, but I did. Now I want to join the children's choir in shouting the chorus as loud as I can each listen.

No comments: