Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Monday Night Bike Ride

Last night was my tenth and final Monday Night Bike Ride. The weekly community ride goes back more than five years and I personally came out for every ride this summer. Anyway, crazy stuff happens when you get 60+ people together to ride bicycles and I thought I would share some of the more notable experiences:

Crossing a wobbly suspension bridge straight out of Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom.

Bombing the biggest hill in Columbus. Could be the fastest I've ever gone a bike.

Chased by the Police, via Helicopter on two separate occasions.

Making a complete loop around the Columbus Airport.

Rolling 3 deep with Sojourn Jerseys when Paul and Drew came up.

Straight preaching the gospel at the bar after he ride one week. Most people listening were to drunk to remember what I said.

The Crazy Scot's infamous stories... which went nowhere.

Talking politics with Casey: barista, ride leader, and Columbus expert.

Countless stares of astonishment from pedestrians when our posse rolled by.

No comments: